Better Together

  What can I say but here we go again rolling through life together. I just thank God we still are here and we still have time. Sometimes I hurt because the band, the music and my stars haven't gone to the points of all my wildest dreams like I worked for, like I risked, like I loved, like I joined into, like I really played, like I really lived for. As full of fire and wondering wildness that I am it seems I may need sticks of dynamite these days. I think my band and I are vibrant enough to pull a fast one on the bullshit though.


                                             "Better Together" Jack Johnson & G. Love


  When it comes down to it we do what we do because we have to, because if you've ever been in love with anyone or anything you know what you have to do. There's no way around it. We make this music together because we love each other and we often bring out the best in each other. Through all our trials when we are playing and I look around the stage from face to face and I see genuine smiles I feel we are doing it right. Yeah that is when it sounds Sublime and looks easy and it really is but easy is hard and simple is complicated..


  Much like life music has her moments. When she smiles at you make sure you smile back because she is the prettiest thing that you'll never even see. Fortunately we can hear and Chris has been finishing mixing the album. I have offered my help but truth be told is I fix some key spots here and there but it is all Chris. I am really proud of my friend for stepping up with the knowledge he had and turning it into wisdom. For the very most part Chris has had to mix our album on his own.


  No one really knows what it has taken to put all this together even thus far except us and honestly no one else ever will. I put my hands together hard for all the music, adventures, journeys and trials we have made it through together. We really do hold each other up and hold each other together. We are a family within families.


  One other thing I know is John is starting to get really, really good. He was always good, I always say that but he is truly becoming something else. I think I hear greatness and then there better be  a drum solo coming soon. I think we can get him to do it one fine day. Haha it's funny he's kind of like the little blonde girl from Tennessee when it comes to that, kinda shy but let's get a couple drinks in him and cut him loose. The kicker is a blonde girl from Tennessee typically knows how to rodeo and John sure can solo, I would know, perfect marriage. If a Tennessee blonde dances on stage I bet we can get him to solo. Ha.


   On the up and up most of the album has now been mixed, once it is done the mastering will be quick. We are debating between a Los Angeles Company and an English cat from the UK. The Los Angeles guy has done bands like Maroon 5 and even bigger but the English guy has done solo albums of guys from The Rolling Stones and a hundred others. We are going to get samples from each but I think I am leaning towards the English guy and his company. I would be the first to jump on the LA with bigger names but the other guys straight up attitude and obvious honesty is priceless. We will let them battle it out on a sample and we will let you know which way we are going. Also if any of you are looking to have some mastering done this info could be very useful.


  Please tune in next Monday evening and remember "We're Better Together". Always loved Jack & G doing that one.


SMR

No comments:

Post a Comment