Fire It Up

The Fire Up...
 
 When I start at these posts I never know where it is going to go or what I may end up talking about, it just sort of comes out. This time there is so much to and not to tell you but as usual I will just let it fly. I've always liked things off the cuff and not to be too slick if you know what I mean. I mean the slick term in a way that I once heard Kurt Cobain say he loved his band and his music but they often times meaning record label execs etc telling them what to do made it to slick, more polished and less rock n roll. The raw meat of things has a lot more to say then the chopped down easily edible versions. Still even the greatest art, music, inventions and ideas find their way to be slick but just know that most of the time the artists, musicians and inventors never really intended them to be so slick. They typically just hope to make something stick, to be real, be truly useful    just to be a real contribution, something beyond themselves.

The Band...

  SRB had an amazing rehearsal this week. I think we all noticed something on Sunday. The fact is we have been playing tunes together for almost 7 years and what I'm looking for is the improvisations to those songs and jams. Like the way Led Zeppelin did things, if we could do that even on a stripped down level we'd still be bad ass. Great thing is I realized we can do it, maybe even a little better than stripped. For this we need time to jam all the time. How we get that I'm not sure but if we can get this hot rod we've been building all this time fired up and racing I think we may find a place where we go to race that car on a stage. If we win a couple races maybe things start getting serious around here.

Music/Life....


  I become inspired by music everyday but I also become inspired by all the people around me. Music or not you really change my life. The ones I am talking about know who they are and they are the hardest to come by. I wish things ran smoother for us but most likely and knowingly they never will. Somewhere in there lies the reason we can make original music and jams that are particular. By particular, I mean you can tell who is playing in those recordings. I hope to continue that and that we can get the sound and musical force we are as a band out to the public. I think a lot of it could do the world some love and straight up honest good. We all know it needs it, we all need that. It really takes a lot of courage to be an artist of any kind especially when you decide to put your life into it. I commend all of you that do and my band and I are right here beside you. For people like us, let's face it. there is only one decision and that is to keep on going. If we don't we will never forgive ourselves.



Out Of Gas...


  Sometimes late night/early morning style I feel like I'm running out of gas and it is then that I have to put the race car in the garage and do a little work on her.  Anyhow as much as there is to say and I want to say I am running out of gas so I'm pulling her in for the night. See you next week.


Shannon Richardson

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment